Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

How to fix the double-click problem (Roccat Kone)

I have to say:


I just love my ROCCAT Kone mouse. It's big, it's heavy and it glows. That's all a mouse should have these days. 


But, like ~5 mice in my life, it recently had a big problem: 


If you clicked with your left-mousebutton (LMB) it will perform a nice double click. 
 At first i wanted to send it back to amazon. Then I decided to check it by myself 
(OK, the fact that i didn't had any warranty helped a lot)


Below you'll find the steps taken, but you could also just watch my video.




So here are my steps to bring it back to life:  
youtube.com/watch?v=sRsGg6v9YX8





Step 1
  • Lift the four glider-pads so you can get to the screws. 
  • You could use your hair-dryer to soften the glue a little bit.





Step 2
  • Open it carefully. I didn't had any problem opening it, but be warned.


Step 3 
  • Clean the inside (optional, but highly suggested! ) 
  • Cut out two small adress-label stripes and put them on the small "plastic part" (As shown blow)



That's it! 
Now your Roccat Kone [+] or other mouse should work just fine.
Please let me know if you have some suggestions and if it worked for you! 

Please also visit our Youtube channel! 



Another video shows how you might fix it with some oil. I can't tell if this works or not, but the comments seem positive.  





1 Kommentar:

  1. How to fix the double-click problem (Roccat Kone). I have to say: I just love my ROCCAT Kone mouse. It's big, it's heavy and it glows. That's all a ... roccatkone.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen